Friday 21 March 2014

Draft Evaluation Question 7


Looking back at preliminary task in which I did I think that I have come a long way and that my final image is a lot better and looks a lot more like a magazine front cover. As I don't really read music magazines too much I didn't really have a sense of creativeness for making a front cover for a music magazine but after doing the preliminary task I looked at magazines that matched my genre such as Metal Hammer and Kerrang magazine. By actually looking at other magazines I started to understand what I needed to put on my front cover. I decided to change around the background because obviously I understood that a rock magazine wouldn't usually have a light blue background as it wouldn't fit the conventions of a normal rock magazine. The bar code is on the same side of the page which is the right side of the page but located at the bottom of the page because most magazines such as Kerrang feature their bar code around that area so it makes more sense. I felt the colours I had used in preliminary task were repulsive and nobody would buy a magazine if it was that colour so I decided to change the colours around so they matched the genre I was going for so I used Red which is much more of a darker colour to use which can represent death and blood which most rock things are about.



My contents changed drastically I changed the colour scheme which was repulsive to look at just like on the front cover. I managed to place an image on my contents page in my final magazine which gave it an overall boost and it actually started to look like a magazine contents instead of a poster you would find on a wall. The colour scheme worked perfectly which also gave it that overall appearance of an actual magazine you would buy in a shop. I used a different font which allowed me to gain an overall feel of the rock genre I was going for because black bold text is something you would find in a standard rock music magazine.

No comments:

Post a Comment