Monday 17 March 2014

Draft Evaluation Question 3


Bauer media group is the institution that produced Kerrang magazine and they own over 80 well known media brands spanning across the world. This institution reaches out to 19 million UK adults every week. The company was first started in Hamburg in Germany which now operates in 16 countries worldwide. The reason I have chosen Bauer Media Group is because they are the institution behind Kerrang magazine which is a very prestigious rock magazine which is known worldwide. Bauer Media Group already produce a rock magazine and it would seem stupid that the media group would also produce my rock magazine as well as Kerrang but the reason they would produce my magazine as well is because my rock magazine if based on new and upcoming rock bands rather than older rock bands that always get shown in rock magazines. My magazine would fit in alongside with Kerrang magazine because Kerrang is a older rock magazine which uses older rock bands whereas my magazine will show new and upcoming rock artists and bands. The main reason Bauer would publish my magazine is because they already have experience with a prestigious and well known rock magazine which is Kerrang magazine. Because my magazine is a typical rock genre magazine Bauer would produce my magazine and would allow it to gain a wider range of fans around the world. An institution such as Bauer would allow my magazine to gain more sales. I would produce my magazine so it would be sold is shops such as HMV or maybe local news shops because my magazine is more informal and not many high end shops would want to sell this type of music genre magazine. Also producing my magazine in local news shops would allow young readers to be able to buy the magazine with ease meaning more people would read the magazine.

No comments:

Post a Comment