Wednesday 19 March 2014

Draft Evaluation Question 5

Attraction:
By putting effort into the front cover of my magazine it has allowed me to gain fans because most people like to read magazines with a stylish front cover. By using a simple colour scheme and also unique fonts on my front cover it allowed me to catch the readers eye with ease. By using an image of a girl which I had modeled myself I could visualize what people would want to look at on the front cover of a magazine and was able to take pictures of that girl in poses that would catch the readers eye. Because the image is a young attractive female most male readers would instantly pick up the magazine and would want to read about the main article just because of the image used. Other readers would like the design/layout of the magazine and would want to read through the magazine so I had to appeal to different areas of people when designing my magazine front cover. AS the main doesn't give much away about the main article it is very vague and people like to read mysterious things as they don't know what the article is going to be like until they actually read the article themselves.

On general rock magazines such as Kerrang and Metal Hammer the main image is placed in the middle of the front cover with other pictures and text all around it going on about other articles shown in the magazine. My magazine copies these conventions because of how prestigious Kerrang and Metal Hammer are. By using a simple but stylish Red, Black and White colour scheme I am able to attract more people because the colours do not clash and are the colours that would be associated with rock genre magazines. I tried to appeal to my audience by using fonts that would catch the readers eye such as the font I used for the masthead which sticks out as it is black and bold and also it stretches along the whole width of the front cover. The price of my magazine would attract the reader as it would be respectable for a magazine of my genre.

Addressing:
I addressed my audience by modelling a girl who knows a lot about the rock genre of music. Without knowing a lot about the genre of rock myself I knew that modelling the girl I did would be a wise choice because of how easily she represents the young generation of people who enjoy listening to rock music. The clothing and the makeup used show how passionate she is about rock music and also the poses used represent what young rock lovers would do at rock concerts.

By using bands and artists that rock lovers would listen to it has addressed the reader perfectly and also by including the sort of language that young rock people would use I have addressed the type of language rock people would use.

No comments:

Post a Comment