Monday 17 March 2014

Draft Evaluation Question 1

My created magazine was based on the very prestigious rock genre magazine Kerrang magazine. The reason I chose to use Kerrang magazine as my main inspiration is because of how many people across the world read the well-known magazine. My magazine matches the conventions of Kerrang magazine as the title is shown at the top of the page and is long in vertical length and is stretched across the width of the page. I have also included a sub heading above the top of mast head of the magazine which Kerrang also do in their magazines. My magazine fits the conventions of Kerrang magazine as the colour schemes used are very similar as in some of the issues that Kerrang have published feature the same colour scheme as I have chosen in my created magazine. My colour scheme is Red, Black and White and all three colours work well together and easily fit the rock genre I was going for. The main picture I decided to use also fits the convention of Kerrang magazine which is the main image stretched across the whole front of the magazine and the picture is from waist upwards. The text shown in the middle of the magazine also fits the convention of the Kerrang magazine as the text is on a slant and looks like the text shown on the front of the Kerrang magazine. The banner at the bottom of the magazine is the same as the banner at the bottom of the Kerrang magazine both showing other bands featured in the magazine.

Layout:
The layout of the whole front cover matches the layout of Kerrang magazine as that was my main inspiration and also the contents page which I designed matches up with the contents page that Kerrang magazine use for their magazine. The layout is consistant throughout the whole magazine and. The well constructed layout allows people to know that the magazine is of a rock genre.

Design & Text:
the fonts and text I have chosen to use in my produced magazine really show that the magazine is of a rock genre and it easily shows that the magazine is all about rock bands. This is because the text shown is black and very bold the masthead for example has the same length and width as the masthead in Kerrang magazine. The fonts used all over my magazine are easily matchable to those of Kerrang magazine as they are simple to read. By keeping the same fonts and colours throughout my magazine the whole thing came together perfectly and allowed my magazine pieces to look like they are from an actual magazine.

Clothes & Style:
When modelling the person I used for the front cover of my magazine I made sure that the makeup and clothing was correct because the conventions of the main image on Kerrang magazines is that the person in the main image is wearing rock clothing and you can tell from what they’re wearing what type of genre music they are all about. By making sure my model used the correct clothing and makeup for a rock genre magazine I allowed my front cover to look like a profession rock magazine front cover.

How my band/artist represents my chosen genre:
My chosen band represent my chosen genre really well as both girls I chose to model in my magazine know a lot about the rock genre of music and have been to festifals such as download festival which shows rock music. I had to do some editing with the band but all together when modeling the girls the makeup and the clothing worked really well representing the rock genre of music perfectly.

No comments:

Post a Comment