Friday 17 January 2014

Institution That Would Publish My Magazine

I have decided to research on media institutions that would publish my chosen magazine genre. I started by searching for popular media institutions and over all I have come to the conclusion that Bauer Media Group would be the most suitable institution for my magazine. Below I have talked about the research I found out about the institution.




Bauer media group is the institution that produced Kerrang magazine and they own over 80 well known media brands spanning across the world. This institution reaches out to 19 million UK adults every week. The company was first started in Hamburg in Germany which now operates in 16 countries worldwide.

The reason I have chosen Bauer Media Group is because they are the institution behind Kerrang
magazine which is a very prestigious rock magazine which is known worldwide.

Bauer Media Group already produce a rock magazine and it would seem stupid that the media group would also produce my rock magazine as well as Kerrang but the reason they would produce my magazine as well is because my rock magazine if based on new and upcoming rock bands rather than older rock bands that always get shown in rock magazines.

My magazine would fit in along side with Kerrang magazine because Kerrang is a older rock magazine which uses older rock bands whereas my magazine will show new and upcoming rock artists and bands.

No comments:

Post a Comment