Thursday 3 April 2014

Evaluation question 2 Final

How does your media product represent particular social groups?

My media product represents particular social groups by showing what that social group want and what that social group do. By doing research on the UKTribes website it allowed me to understand more about the rock genre and the social groups that come with it as a whole. The image used on the front cover of my magazine represents particular social groups because the styling of the person on my magazine shows effectively what a young person would wear if they was passionate about rock music. The clothing and the makeup allow people to understand that the person I have used represents young people who love to listen to rock music as I have chosen to go for two girls who have formed a rock band and are quite young. The woman shown on the Kerrang magazine is of a similar young age but also represents young female rock lovers as she stands with a body image showing she isn’t all about mainstream music. On my music magazine the girl I have chosen is the lead singer and matches that of the Kerrang magazine as the young woman is the lead singer of her band as well. Both girls show a body image and a rock like pose which represents them to be “bad” girls as rock isn’t for the social groups that are more laid back.




Using this girl to model my front cover was a wise choice as she represents young rockers perfectly showing how they look on a stereotypical level. Allowing this girl to represent the genre of music that is rock lets people know that not all rock people dress up in full black outfits with masses of black makeup along their face.

No comments:

Post a Comment